'Play together, Learn together, Work together'
A Statement of School’s Ethos and Aims
We aspire for all our children to become confident, secure, independent and caring individuals who achieve personal success and develop a love of learning. Children are central to all provision and activity within this school
St Peter’s Primary School and Nursery Unit is a Catholic school, committed to the aims of Catholic Schools.
- To provide a broad, balanced, relevant, differentiated curriculum based on the key principles of the Northern Ireland Curriculum that is accessible to all.
- To develop a happy, positive, stimulating, secure, caring and calm environment with resources which promote the motivation to learn.
- To develop a genuine love of learning and enable our pupils and ourselves to become independent lifelong learners and thinkers.
- To enable all our pupils to become happy, healthy and emotionally intelligent open-minded citizens with a high self esteem and concern for others.
- To encourage high standards of behaviour and respect.
- To develop in pupils the confidence, skill and competencies required for a diverse and changing world.
- To develop in pupils personal qualities of perseverance, confidence, independence and co-operation with others.
- To encourage, value and extend every child’s contribution to the school.
- To recognise and celebrate success in everyone.
- To build strong collaborative partnerships with families, the local community and other schools.
- To encourage and enable the continuous professional development of all staff.
- To empower pupils and staff to contribute significantly to each other’s development as well as to the life of the Church.
- To foster an atmosphere in which pupils value their time in St. Peter's as a rich and rewarding time in their lives.